The organization is committed to being a proactive, worldwide provider and facilitator in the development
Calls for Application “Women in Analytical Science”
AOAC-India Introducing a New Award – “Women in Analytical Science”
Deadline: February 15, 2020
About the Award
In this year’s annual conference, AOAC-India Section is proud to introduce an award – “Women in Analytical Science”. The award will be bestowed upon an advanced-level doctoral woman candidate who would demonstrate exemplary promise of future leadership in the field of analytical science. The awardee will receive an invitation to deliver a short presentation to apprise the audience members about the significance of her research accomplishments in addition to a plaque, certificate, cash prize and grant to defray travel costs (shortest route) for attending the conference. A team of esteemed judges will evaluate the application. The award will be presented to the candidate during the conference.
- The applicant should hold a Masters degree from an Indian university.
- The applicant should be registered with an Indian university as a doctoral student in the field of analytical chemistry/food science/food technology/microbiology/pharmaceuticals or any other related subjects.
- The award will be given to a woman candidate who is a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have completed at least 2 years of her PhD after registration.
- The upper age limit for this award is 35 at the time of the application (i.e. February 15, 2020).
- An applicant should be a member of AOAC-India and also registered for this year’s annual conference.
Applications must contain the followings:
- A covering letter (not more than 500 words) demonstrating research innovations in the relevant discipline and highlighting the social impact of her research findings to the analytical community
- A curriculum vitae
- Electronic copies of publications and patents (if any)
- A reference letter (preferably from the advisor/head of the institution)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s student ID card/PhD registration details/any other relevant documents provided by the appropriate authority
The application should be addressed to Dr Ranjan Mitra, Chair, AOAC-India’s “Women in Analytical Science” Award, 2020 Committee and sent through email as an attachment at [email protected].
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. All the applications received will be treated with confidentiality. As this award involves a short presentation, the winner will be notified by February 22, 2020.
For any other queries related to this Award, please contact Dr Ranjan Mitra at: [email protected]