The organization is committed to being a proactive, worldwide provider and facilitator in the development
YOUNG Scientist Award
6th Annual Conference, India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL 2019
CALL FOR THE AOAC – INDIA SECTION
YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD
DEADLINE: February 15, 2019
The India Section of AOAC International every year recognizes the outstanding contribution of young individual in the field of Analytical Sciences by the Young Scientist Award during the annual conference. The Section is seeking applicants for the Young Scientist Award, 2019. The Award recipient will be presented a plaque and a cash prize and will have an opportunity to address the gathering at our Annual Conference. Travel expenses to attend the Conference will also be paid.
Eligible candidates should hold current membership of the India Section of AOAC INTERNATIONAL and should be registered for the 2019 Annual Conference. However, if not a member, it is required that the applicant becomes a member at the time of the application. Excluded from eligibility are current committee members of the Award and the Executive Committee.
The candidate must be under the age of 40 on February 15, 2019
Criteria for evaluation are:
- PhD (e.g., Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology, Agricultural Chemicals etc.) with a minimum of 5 years of research experience
- Demonstrating innovations in technology development and significant contribution to the analytical method development and quality control
- Record of achievement (e.g., publication, patent, proof of technology development etc.)
- Serving the community (e.g., dissemination of knowledge, transfer of technology etc.)
Future research strategies
Applicants must attach the followings
- A letter of the statement of your scientific contributions, addressing the evaluation criteria mentioned above (3 page maximum).
- A separate list of publications/patents related to the analytical method development, validation, analytical quality control and regulatory compliance
- A reference letter either from your PhD supervisor or scientific peers to provide additional insights or evidence of your research impact.
To make an application, please email the documents by February 15, 2019 to:
Ranjan Mitra Ph.D.
Chair, The AOAC – India Young Scientist Award Committee,
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. The nominations will be judged by our Award Committee.
All the applications received will be treated with confidentiality and only the Award-winner will be notified by the February 22, 2019 in order to prepare his/her talk for the Conference. For any other queries related to the Award, please contact Dr Ranjan Mitra at: [email protected]