The organization is committed to being a proactive, worldwide provider and facilitator in the development
India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL invites you to Submit Abstract For Poster Presentation
5th Annual Conference, India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL
Poster Topic Categories
- Analysis of Foodborne Contaminants and Residues
(Innovative approaches and techniques in the residue analysis of foodborne contaminants, which are either naturally present in food (e.g., heavy metals, persistent organic pollutants, etc.), or appear during food processing (e.g., acrylamide, 3-MCPD, etc.).
- Analysis of Non-Foodborne Contaminants and Residues
(Innovative approaches and techniques in the residue analysis of those contaminants which are added to food externally, e.g., pesticides, veterinary drugs, antibiotics, etc.
- Microbiological Methods in Food and Residue Analysis of Mycotoxins
(Innovative approaches and techniques in food microbiological analysis. Quick detection and screening methods. Residue analysis methods for mycotoxins).
- Food Nutrition, Food Allergens, Botanicals and Dietary Supplements
(Innovative approaches and techniques in food nutrition, botanicals and dietary supplement analysis. Food Allergen methods and issues)
- Food Authenticity
(Methods to determine truthfulness of identity of ingredients and foods).
- General Methods
(Any methods pertaining to analysis of food that do NOT fit in ANY of the other categories)
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
- At least one of the poster authors must pre-register for the Annual Conference. Once you have registered, check your email for your pre-registration confirmation before submitting the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Only complete Poster abstracts with all required information will be considered for presentation at the Annual Conference.
- The final submission deadline is October 15, 2016.
General Guidelines to prepare your abstract:
- Use only text. Do not use graphs, charts, diagrams, boxes, borders or tables.
- Do not include references, credits or grant support.
- Do not include keywords.
- All abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation. Proofread carefully for formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts dealing with commercial products or services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted for product promotion purposes.
- Character Limit: There is a limit of 1500 characters for the body text (including spaces) of your abstract submission.
- Authors should provide their abstract in Word format (Arial, 12 pt, Single space).
Notice of Final Poster Acceptance
All the poster authors will be notified of their acceptance for presentation at the Annual Conference and poster preparation guidelines by October 25, 2016. A final poster listing, including assigned poster numbers and detailed presentation information, will also be made available by October 30, 2016.
Poster Preparation and Presentation Guidelines
- Display boards are 4 feet vertically by 3 feet horizontally. Display materials may be affixed to the boards with push pins (provided on-site at the meeting.)
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation. India Section of AOAC INTERNATIONAL will not post the abstract titles on display boards.
- Use large and legible lettering that is easily readable from a distance of 3 feet or more. Text material should be printed through a laser printer with a font size large enough to read from a distance.
- Photographs, illustrations and graphics are encouraged, and should be large enough (with good resolution) to ensure visibility.
Optional Materials: The authors are encouraged to prepare and bring handouts for distribution to the interested scientists at the time of poster presentation.
- There will be six best poster awards (cash prize and certificate), one from each poster topic category. The awardees will be selected by a panel of experts based on the poster content and interaction with the presenter (posters not attended by the presenters at their scheduled time will not be considered) and the award recipients will be announced during the conference.
- Authors of selected outstanding posters will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for consideration of publication in the Journal of AOAC International.