The organization is committed to being a proactive, worldwide provider and facilitator in the development
India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL invites you to Submit Abstract For Poster Presentation
6th Annual Conference, India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL
The India Section of AOAC International is soliciting abstracts for posters for the Annual conference to be held in New Delhi, during February 28 – March 01, 2019. Interested participants should submit an abstract of no more than 500 words to the conference selection committee by February 10, 2019. The abstract should include a succinct but descriptive title of the proposed oral or poster presentation, along with name, affiliation, and contact information (including email) of the authors. The abstract should identify the topic of the proposed presentation and should include a brief description of the actual project or innovation. The abstract should also discuss the significant results of the efforts and conclusions or recommendations drawn from the study.
The conference selection committee will review the abstracts and authors will be informed of acceptance.
Suggested topical areas include, but are not limited to, the following areas
- Analysis of Foodborne Contaminants and Residues
Innovative approaches and techniques in the residue analysis of foodborne contaminants, which are present in food prior to processing (e.g., heavy metals, persistent organic pollutants, etc.), or appear during food processing (e.g., acrylamide, 3-MCPD, etc.).
- Analysis of Non-Foodborne Contaminants and Residues
Innovative approaches and techniques in the residue analysis of those contaminants which are added to food externally, (e.g., pesticides, veterinary drugs, antibiotics, etc.)
- Microbiological Methods in Food
Innovative approaches and techniques in food microbiological analysis. Quick detection and screening methods. Residue analysis methods for mycotoxins
- Food Nutrition, Food Allergens, Botanicals and Dietary Supplements
Innovative approaches and techniques in food nutrition, botanicals and dietary supplement analysis. Food Allergen methods and issues
- Food Authenticity
Methods to determine truthfulness of identity of ingredients and foods
- Emerging Issues in Food Safety and Security
Analytical solutions which shall resolve food safety challenges, regulatory developments, and science-based strategies, methods and practices which address emerging food protection concerns.
- Environmental Analysis
Innovative approaches and techniques in the residual analysis in different environmental matricies (e.g. PPCPs, PoPs, Pesticides, Dioxin and Furans, etc.)
- General Method, Quality Assurance and Accreditation
Any new approach towards method development, Qualtiy Control and Assurance and correlational analysis to ensure precise and accurate results.
- Innovative Approach in Laboratory Management
Any new approaches in the Laboratory management and functioning which improves on the efficiency of delivery of accurate results
- Any other analytical method that do Not Fit in ANY of the above categories (e.g. Colour and Dyes)
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
- At least one of the poster authors must pre-register for the Annual Conference. Once you have registered, check your email for your pre-registration confirmation before submitting the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Only complete Poster abstracts with all required information will be considered for presentation at the Annual Conference.
- The final submission deadline is February 20, 2019
General Guidelines to prepare your abstract
- Use only text. Do not use graphs, charts, diagrams, boxes, borders or tables.
- All abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation. Proofread carefully for formatting, spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts dealing with commercial products or services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted for product promotion purposes.
- Character Limit: There is a limit of 1500 characters for the body text (including spaces) of your abstract submission.
- Authors should provide their abstract in Word format (as per the template).
- Do not include references, credits or grant support.
Notice of Final Poster Acceptance
All the poster authors will be notified of their acceptance for presentation at the Annual Conference and poster preparation guidelines by February 26, 2019. A final poster listing, including assigned poster numbers and detailed presentation information, will also be made available by February 26, 2019.
Poster Preparation and Presentation Guidelines
- Display boards are 4 feet vertically by 3 feet horizontally. Display materials may be affixed to the boards with push pins (provided on-site at the meeting.)
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation. India Section of AOAC INTERNATIONAL will not post the abstract titles on display boards.
- Use large and legible lettering that is easily readable from a distance of 3 feet or more. Text material should be printed through a laser printer with a font size large enough to read from a distance.
- Photographs, illustrations and graphics are encouraged, and should be large enough (with good resolution) to ensure visibility.
Optional Materials: The authors are encouraged to prepare and bring handouts for distribution to the interested scientists at the time of poster presentation.
- There will be six best poster awards (cash prize and certificate). The awardees will be selected by a panel of experts based on the poster content and interaction with the presenter (posters not attended by the presenters at their scheduled time will not be considered) and the award recipients will be announced during the conference.
- Authors of selected outstanding posters will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for consideration of publication in the Journal of AOAC International.
For Questions or Assistance?
Email: [email protected]