2016 CALL FOR THE AOAC INDIA SECTION YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD
4th Annual Conference, India Section of the AOAC INTERNATIONAL
2016 CALL FOR THE AOAC – INDIA SECTION YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD
DEADLINE: October 30, 2016
To recognize and appreciate outstanding contributions to the field of analytical sciences, the AOAC-India Section’s Executive Committee decides to confer the Young Scientist Award for the first time during this year’s Annual Conference on November 11-12, 2016 in New Delhi.
The Section is seeking applicants for the Young Scientist Award, 2016. The Award recipient will be presented a plaque and a cash prize and will have an opportunity to give brief remarks at our Annual Conference. Travel expenses to attend the Conference will also be paid.
Eligible candidates should hold current membership of the India Section of AOAC INTERNATIONAL and should be registered for the 2016 Annual Conference. However, if not a member, it is required that the applicant becomes a member at the time of the application. Excluded from eligibility are current committee members of the Award and the Executive Committee.
The candidate must be under the age of 40 on October 30, 2016.
Criteria for evaluation are:
- PhD (e.g., Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology, Agricultural Chemicals etc.) with a minimum of 5-6 years of research experience
- Demonstrating innovations in technology development and significant contribution to the analytical method development and quality control
- Record of achievement (e.g., publication, patent, proof of technology development etc.)
- Serving the community (e.g., dissemination of knowledge, transfer of technology etc.)
Future research strategies
Applicants must attach the followings
- A letter of the statement of your scientific contributions, addressing the evaluation criteria mentioned above (3 page maximum).
- Curriculum Vitae
- A separate list of publications/patents related to the analytical method development, validation, analytical quality control and regulatory compliance
- A reference letter either from your PhD supervisor or scientific peers to provide additional insights or evidence of your research impact.
To make an application, please email the documents by October 30, 2016 to:
Ranjan Mitra Ph.D., Chair, The AOAC – India Young Scientist Award Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. The nominations will be judged by our Award Committee.
Dr Ranjan Mitra (Chair)
Dr Venkateswarlu Panchagnula (Invited Jury)
Dr Saurabh Arora (Treasurer)
All the applications received will be treated with confidentiality and only the Award-winner will be notified by the first week of November, 2016 in order to prepare his/her talk for the Conference. For any other queries related to the Award, please contact Dr Ranjan Mitra at: email@example.com